Launching the platform, Mission Director, Atal Innovation Mission said that the InnovateIndia MyGov-AIM portal creates the much-needed innovations platform for registering both grassroots and deep-tech innovators at a national level. Those searching for a critical innovation can leverage the portal advantageously for the benefit of the economy as well as national social needs.”
“India has been a very innovation-orientedsociety, but our challenge has been a structured approach to innovation, capturing them and building an ecosystem to take them global. The current government initiative to capture and support innovation from ground up, is aimed at creating a structured ecosystem to encourage, enhance and develop India’s innovative character”, said Arvind Gupta, CEO MyGov.
Some of the features of this platform are:
- The platform is open to all Indian citizens
- The users can View, comment, share, and rate the innovations crowdsourced on the InnovateIndia platform
- View the leaderboard which is calculated based on the votes on each innovation.
- Citizens can share their/organisations/someone else’s innovation on the platform by login to the MyGov website
- These innovations can also be shared on various social media platforms such as WhatsApp, Facebook, and Twitter