India increasingly is becoming a formalised economy, where typically in a NewAge household both parents are working and families willingly or unwillingly are having about four to five meals out in restaurants almost every week. Here, its natural for these families, individuals and professionals to seek healthy food options in restaurants, which now are part of their lives instead of venues for occasional binge.
Taking a lead, TGI Fridays- a global casual dining leader- with presently its 12 restaurants in India that are operational from 12p.m. – 12 a.m. wants its patrons to feel great about what they eat & drink with a new super healthy foods menu that include healthy experiment with drinks as well. TGI Fridays had recently announced the launch of its new low calorie skinny cocktails along with the New Super Foods menu. For a limited time, diners can enjoy a whole new menu packed with health and nutrition which is flavourful too. Super Foods like beans, broccoli, blueberries, salmon, spinach, tomatoes, walnuts and yogurt are powerful natural ingredients that are loaded with excellent nutritional benefits.
“Instead of regular boring salad to stay healthy, our Super Foods menu is packed with delicious items like Wasabi Miso Glazed Chicken, Salmon with Cucumber Yogurt Sauce, Cranberry & blueberry couscous and Kale. The concept of Super Foods is that each ingredient is packed with an abnormal amount of vitamins, nutrients and minerals which put you in best shape of your life!” says Rohan Jetley, CEO and Owner, TGI Fridays India.
For instance- The Super Foods menu features appetisers, entrees, sides and desserts that are filled with nutritional multi-taskers to keep guests feeling healthy and fantastic.
- Fruits & Nuts Super Saladmade with crisp lettuce, spinach, broccoli topped with walnuts, apples, dried apricots, cranberries, and blueberries
- Vegetarian Tex Mex Chilimade with chipotle peppers, sun-ripened tomatoes, red onions and beans topped with yogurt, fresh pico de galloand jalapeno served up hot and spicy on a brown rice pilaf.
- Cherry Chipotle BBQ ChickenLemon and olive oil marinated grilled chicken breast topped with tangy cherry chipotle BBQ sauce. Served with an apple five-grain pilaf and fresh broccoli slaw.
- Wasabi Miso Glazed ChickenLemon and olive oil marinated grilled chicken breasts topped with a spicy wasabi miso sauce. Served with toasted almond, cranberry & blueberry couscous and ginger garlic kale.
- Salmon with Cucumber Yogurt SauceLemon and olive oil basted grilled salmon filet topped with a cucumber mint yogurt sauce. Served with broccoli slaw and apple 5-grain pilaf.
- Pomegranate Honey Mustard Salmon Lemon and olive oil basted grilled salmon filet topped pomegranate honey mustard vinaigrette.Served with toasted almond, cranberry & blueberry couscous and ginger garlic kale.
- The Fruit Crumble is indulgently wholesome, jam-packed with strawberries, blackberries, blueberries and juicy peaches. The crumble is served piping hot and topped with an ice-cold scoop of vanilla frozen yogurt.
With the New Super Foods menu, TGI Fridays has also introduced The New Amazing Low Calorie Skinny Cocktails featuring-
- Ultimate Skinny EnLIITenment is the most premium LIIT, now also low calorie! A perfect blend of Grey Goose Vodka, Bombay Sapphire Gin, Bacardi Carta Blanca and triple sec topped with our in-house agave sour mix and a splash of Diet Coca Cola.
- Ultimate Skinny Mojito is a cool mix of Bacardi Carta Blanca, fresh mint leaves, lime, our in-house skinny agave sour mix and a splash of soda.
- Ultimate Skinny Margaritais our low calorie version of our classic margarita. Sauza Gold Tequila and our in-house skinny agave sour mix, shaken and served over cubed ice.
- Ultimate Skinny Electric Lemonade is blue and electric! A high voltage blend of Smirnoff Vodka, blue curacao, skinny agave sour mix, soda and a dash of lemon.
These drinks are made low calorie or ‘Skinny’, as we popularly call them, with our special in-house made Skinny Agave sour mix that adds the same zing to the taste but none to the waist! Your visit to Fridays now becomes delicious and healthy too. As we all know, super heroes can never linger long in one place, so hurry in soon to try these limited time Super Foods and Low calorie beverage promotions.
The only bad news here is that its a limited period period offer, but holds promises for health conscious people to expect more such variants at TGI Fridays and many of their other preferred eating joints and chains.